Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Egg Challenge

In this project we were all given an egg to photograph. we had to take a photo in both black and white and exemplify creativity, craftsmanship, or composition.


I believe that my black and white picture turned out very good. I decided to use my dog in the photos because he is black and white and i thought it would go well with the white of the egg and make good contrast.


I was hoping to get him to balance the egg on his nose, but he wouldn't cooperate and i just let him play with the egg for a while (all the while praying he didn't break it on my carpet). All of a sudden he reached out to paw at the picture and i just took the shot, i wasn't even sure i had caught the shot for about 3 seconds and i was extremely happy when I found the shot had come out perfectly.

As for my colored picture, I don't feel that it came out well at all. I was sick the day we got the assignment and i thought we only had to take one picture, so when it came time to turn it in i had to use a B-grade picture for my color, since the only real good picture i got was the one i turned into black and white.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

This is a really cool photo. I like how it was not taken at Chavez. Also i like how you capture the moment of the dog. Very well done!!!