In our personal metaphor project I eventually decided that I would use the metaphor “Like a tree with your impressions carved into my skin”. I chose this metaphor because I personally have a fear of groups of people. I don’t like to be out when I know people are looking at me, it just freaks me out. I wanted to do a piece that portrayed how nervous I was about other people yet how I was trapped and there was nothing I could do about it. My composition was rather simple, I put my tree on the right hand side of the picture, with the branches spreading out across the top to the left. I then put my body into the trunk which placed my focal point in the lower right corner. I then carved words into the bark to symbolize how I feel when people are staring or looking at me. I also put my metaphor in the top left to try and balance the piece, but I don’t think the metaphor came out well.
This was a very hard project and im proud of the piece I came up with, I really like almost everything about it. I strongly believe that if I took the metaphore out of my piece it would, in my eyes, be perfect. I even saved a copy of it WITHOUT the metaphor, in case I would like to show it off in the future. Furthermore I don’t believe that the metaphor is really all that necessary.
2 comments:
I really like your idea. You're work has always impressed me. I do feel, however, that this could have been slightly better. You are very hard to see in the photo. Even if you are zoomed it, you cannot tell that it is you.
Also, the text isn't very complimenting to the photo. It is noticed, but it doesn't connect.
I like your metaphor. It is great compositionally and work wise. It seems as if your being consumed by the ree though. The little words are hard to read.
Post a Comment